31st October 2018
Dragados UK Grants Funding to Local Projects
The Dragados UK Community Investment Fund associated with the Aberdeen Harbour Expansion Project has awarded grants for the third time since construction started, supporting good causes in the local community.
In total, eight non-profit organisations operating in Torry and surrounding areas will be supported by the fund in order to develop their projects.
Reviewed and selected by the AHEP Community Benefit Steering Group, funding has been awarded to:
- Aberdeen Boat Club – Contribution towards the re-profiling of the River Dee bank in Torry, following the flood which occurred in Winter 2015/2016.
- Balnagask Community Centre – The award will support the centre’s programme of activities for children in Torry.
- Brimmond Court Tenants Association – This sheltered housing for the elderly will be able to purchase audio-visual entertainment equipment.
- Fittie Community Development Trust - Contribution towards the refurbishment of the future ‘Fittie Community Hall’.
- Jesus House Torry Food Bank – The grant will contribute towards the purchase of food parcels for Torry residents.
- Third Level Foundation – The funding will allow the creation of person-centred counselling and mental health awareness sessions at Tullos Community Centre.
- Torry Squids – This Parent & Toddler group will continue its activities involving arts, crafts, music as well as indoor and outdoor activities.
- Walker Road United – This school football team will be able to purchase sports equipment and secure a suitable space for playing during the winter.
The AHEP Community Benefit Steering Group consists of: Dragados UK, Aberdeen Harbour Board, Aberdeen City Council, Skills Development Scotland, the Construction Industry Training Board, Aberdeen Council for Voluntary Organisations and the North East of Scotland College.