Aberdeen Harbour is a world class port annually handling around 6,500 vessel arrivals and around four million tonnes of cargo, valued at approximately £1.5 billion, for a wide range of industries.
With versatile facilities, competitive charges and diversity of traffic, it serves Scotland's third city and an extensive hinterland.
As the centre of activity for the offshore oil and gas industry's marine support operations in North-west Europe, it is also:
- Principal commercial port in Northern Scotland
- An energy industry hub
- An international port for general cargo, roll-on/roll-off and container traffic
- Principal mainland port for freight, passenger, vehicle and livestock services to Orkney and Shetland
- A centre for forest product exports
- A gateway for agricultural products and supplies
- A marshalling point for exports of oilfield equipment
- Experienced in handling equipment for renewable energy projects
- A port of call for cruise ships
- One of the busiest Trust Ports in the UK